Thursday, August 4, 2011

florida on my mind!

this past month has been a blur of a trip home to see my Granny, getting to see fabulous friends in Atlanta, celebrating a wedding in South Carolina and exploring southern California. we are trying to pack much exploring in because.. we are moving back to Florida! I have mixed feelings about the move & in true lawyer's-girlfriend-style, I will Pro/Con it for you all (all 3 readers, hi mom & dad!)

Pros:
Being close to family!
Being close to friends!
Not missing things like birthday parties, bachelorette parties (hi Mel!), spontaneous trips & fun events
Seeing my doggies
FSU football season
Starting a career that I hope will last longer than 12 months (which is my current longeset run at a job, but I have good reasons why, right HLS?)
Not getting looked at weird when I say "y'all"
Maybe getting my own puppy

Cons:
I LOVE working in the Fashion District. I am inspired daily & love being in a creative environment
I LOVE the designers I work with. They are the best.
My boss values me and compliments me
This freak (our term of endearment) of a friend I have named Caitlin (& her fluffy haired roommate Tiffany)
The amazing weather
Going on hikes in cool places like Malibu, Laguna Beach, Runyon Canyon (I say those as I flip my hair like a true LA girl)
Being in a city where you can do anything, see anything, shop anywhere and see celebrities

It is a tough decision, but in the long run it is best. I am encouraged by a positive response to a few jobs I have applied for and am excited about what is next.

Plus, to move back we are going the best road trip ever.

Day 1: LA - Utah (Jon asked if we could find some polygamists to stay with, weirdo)
Day 2: Utah - ASPEN!! (my favorite Aunt & Uncle & cousins live there, they are hilarious & super fun)
Day 3: ASPEN!! (we hope to go white-water rafting & to the rodeo y'all)
Day 4: Aspen to Iowa (Aspen loses the CAPS because I will be sad to leave)
Day 5: Iowa to CHICAGO!! (one of my sorority sisters is getting married & I know it is going to be fabulous x10)
Day 6: Either:: Chicago to Las Vegas (for my grand finale working a trade show for my current job)
           or        Chicago to Louisville (to say with TJ & Stu)
Day 7: Either:: Vegas
           or Louisville to Jacksonville
Day 8: Either:: Vegas
           or Jacksonville to Florida (directly to turn in my pretty car because the lease is up)

Phew, that's a lot of itinerary.

I will leave you with some true Florida pieces I think I need to welcome me home.
Forever 21 Flamingo Pendant, $4.80
California pillow, to remember our year!, Uncommon Goods, $149

Borderline obnoxious (ie Fabulous) Lilly Dress, Saks $298
See you soon east coast.


  

2 comments:

Emily Elizabeth said...

Ok, tho dogs are reason enough to move period! And you'll lurv the rodeo, its on of my fav things ever! Oh and I have 2 state pillows and thought I wanted one for every state I've lived in...but that came out to, AR, TN, Fl, AL, CO, and TX...alot of freakin pillows....SO happy for YA'LL!

Filter said...

adrienne,

I cannot wait to have you home, FLORIDA girl <3 I have a lead on a Bridal Consultant position @ Vocelle's in Tallahassee, FL...(wonderful neighbors too, COLE COUTURE!) Lunch dates @ FGF, chez, MASA, crepevine, Tomato Land!!! Bible study, work outs @ sweat therapy... j'adore! Midtown has flourished these past few years. Perfect place to call home + only 2.5hrs to JAX, 5hrs to ATL, 4 hrs to TAMPA & of course home of the >>--FSU SEMINOLES--;;->

Think about it homie, I'll pray about it :) Wishing you safe travels & happy memories on your road trip! +++ Hoping to see you soon, vey soon!

xxooHLS