First stop: George's At The Cove
|Terrace overlooking the La Jolla Cove|
|Blood Orange Margarita & Arrogant Bastard Ale|
|Roberto & Ali|
Still together, etc.. I might, MIGHT have told the bachelorette party next to us at our eventual table that they were there & advised the bachelorette to get a picture. MIGHT have.
|Asian Marinated Skirt Steak, my choice|
Nothing says Birthday, like Birthday steak (& onion rings)
|Grilled Niman Ranch Beef Burger, his choice|
Folks were kind enough to make Jon the lunch menu burger that we saw a picture of when picking our dinner spot. His choice > my choice. & They sent us away with a free bottle of gourmet extra virgin olive oil as my birthday present!
The next morning, I took Jon to the San Diego spot that Lindsay took me to that I thought was so fun.. La Jolla Cove.. to check these guys out:
The grand encore for the weekend was the San Diego Zoo! I was so excited. I took some friends with me, to see their friends:
|H&M Beatle, Old Navy Sea Horse|
We first took the free bus tour, do not make mistake we did, sit on the left side of the bus for the best views! Of course the first animal I see off the bus is my dad's current dream animal.. a miniature donkey.
Obviously I was obsessed with the Leopard & Golden Retriever BFF combination. There are 7 sets of best friends. How cool is that?
I read yesterday (& unfortunately saw the video) of Knut, the famous Polar Bear, dying. This guy was certainly not dead & was pretty entertaining pressing himself up against the cold windows...
The San Diego Zoo is wonderful. Great zoo with lots to see, learn, do, walk & ride! We skipped the Sky-fari ski-lift-esque tour.
Sunday was miserable weather all day long. I made Egg's in a Basket for the first time & got rave reviews (from my one & only food critic).
Bread - 1 piece per basket
*cut (or bite.....oops) a hole in the center
*butter both sides of your now bread donut
Egg - 1 per basket
Cheese - Optional & only a pinch
1. Heat your fry pan up, place 1 piece of bread, let brown
2. Flip over, crack egg & break into hole
3. Watch........ watch....... think you are going to mess up, but watch..... finally! When the whites turn to white'ish & the yolk looks a little less gooey, flip over - quickly! just do it, like ripping off a bandaid.
4. Sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese.. let melt
5. Let sit on pan for ~2-4 minutes... your egg should have cooked mostly while it was on the other side, this is just to finish off the yolk! You can take a peak under a corner, once it looks like it is well toasted, voila!
|post flip & cheese|