Thursday, March 17, 2011

creative cultures 5

I first met this week's CC back in high school when she began dating my great friend, Brian. Fast forward 8 years or so & they are married, living in Delray & enjoying renovating their adorable beachy cottage. Brittany is one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet. She gives wonderful compliments and is so easy to talk to. She is goofy, silly & loves her family so much. We could email all day sending pictures of Golden Retriever puppies to each other because we both want one so bad! She puts her love in edible form with her delicious cooking. I want to try all of her recipes (but maybe I could just be her neighbor and come over every night for dinner, sound okay Brit?) Without further ado, meet: Brittany


1. A/S/L with a twist:
A. Stage of life, year in school, major:
Stage of life?? Happily married to my high school sweetheart, no babies yet, just a fish named Macho Man and a new house we recently renovated!

Year in school? Who knows...? Major? Household Engineering. :)
S. Details about you
I am VERY clumsy, not too detail oriented, talk ALOT (often too much), get the itch to bake at least twice a week, love being a twin, can be a bit of a micromanager in the kitchen, and am obsessed with my grandma (who is in Heaven).
L. Where you are based, where you are going, where you want your work to go
I am based in sunny Delray Beach. As much as I would love to say that I am going back to Virginia to live, we just bought a house in Delray and will be there for my husbands job for at least the next five years! I am blessed enough to have a beautiful house and wouldn't change that for anything. As far as where I want my work to go... as crazy as it sounds I want it to provide a happy house for my future children and keep everyone in my family well fed and healthy!

 2. Favorite meal: Oh my...! Well the first thing that came to mind was my meal at MESA in Las Vegas. Its Bobby Flay's restaurant and I can honestly say I have never had anything so incredible in my life. I wish I could throw down with him on that because I would love more than anything to know how to make it! It was called "cornmeal crusted chile relleno". The pepper was stuffed with eggplant and manchego cheese then coated in cornmeal and fried! I don't know why it was so amazing but I still think about it 1 year later. If you want me to be more vague about this I would say ice cream is my weakness... moose tracks to be exact.

 
3. Favorite beverage: WINE, coffee and water! (in that order)

Lynn's Favorite Peanut Butter Rolls

4. What is your first memory of being creative? Baking peanut butter rolls as a kid with my grandma in Ohio! It was the best times of my life being in Ohio and learning how to cook from the best. My grandpa is now in his mid 80's and healthy as a horse! I attribute my love of cooking all to her. :)


5. What or who inspires you? Besides my grandma, who I have already talked about, I LOVE Ina Garten and I hate to say it, but good ole' Paula Deen! These two women are both so creative and so great at what they do! I could watch the Food Network all day long and never get bored...except for Rachel Ray, bleh!


6. Favorite quote that inspires your artwork: "Love in the form of butter" - Paula Deen

Shrimp & Grits

7. Favorite thing about your artwork: Creating new recipes that my hubby enjoys! He critiques my cooking as if I am on a cooking show and always gives me honest feedback which I LOVE!

8. Challenges about your artwork: At times cooking can feel more like a chore than a passion but when I get inspired I can't wait to get in the kitchen and see what I create! I don't follow recipes either, so sometimes it's difficult to figure out what I am going to make... so I research recipes that sound good then make them the way I like it!


9. Your dream piece of art to create: Um... a cake big enough to swim in!

"Meatless Monday" Veggie Pasta


10. Favorite article of clothing/accessory/shoes: My favorite accessory is my wedding RING! I can't stop looking at it because its phenomenal. :)


11. Where can we see more of you? sugarbump.com


12. Can we buy you? SURE! I'll make whatever you can't.

Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
13. What are your hopes & dreams for your work? That I will have a happy and healthy family that will be proud of my food!


14. Anything else we should know? Only that I make the greatest peanut butter rolls you have every tried in your entire life!

If you would love to be featured as a Creative Culture or would like to nominate someone, just comment on this post & I will be in touch!




No comments: