Thursday, February 17, 2011

creative cultures 2

I first met our next creative when we were in just 8th grade. We played club volleyball together in south Florida. She was really good at volleyball & I was intimidated by her! We became closer through the season and were always goofing around at practice. We remained aquaintances through high school, seeing each other at volleyball events & around town. Katie came back into my life the summer before we began college, when she started dating a boy I had known since I was 3 years old (who later became her husband!). I was so excited to learn that she would be living in my dorm (good ol' Southgate)! We bonded over the salad bar (& the dessert bar), doing things only freshman do & riding around in her black explorer. Katie and I played Club Volleyball at FSU together, went through sorority recruitment together and shared many great memories in college. I was honored to stand by Katie on her wedding day to Bobby, as one of her bridesmaids. Her adorable son, Colton Robert, was born on my 24th birthday. We love shopping together, sharing deals and drinking diet cokes!

Without further ado, meet Katie:
the day she became a Mrs!

Colton Robert & I just after he was born!

1. A/S/L with a twist:
A. Stage of life, year in school, major
S. Details about you

L. Where you are based, where you are going, where you want your work to go
My current stage of life at the young age of 24 is being a stay at home mommy to my precious son Colton! (Who by the way shares the same birthday as Adrienne) and will be 1 year old so soon. I have been married for 2 and half years to my high school sweetheart Bobby! I am one blessed girl! I attended the one and only Florida Sate University and there my emphasis was in Special Event Planning. I thought I wanted to pursue a career in events, but should of stuck with my first love of Fashion. However I do love to entertain so the events background has had some perks! I am currently doing my number one dream job of being able to stay at home with my son. About six months ago I started another part time job from home as a stylist for a boutique jewelry company for a celebrity coveted and editor adored line, Stella & Dot. I do in home trunk shows, and style women while they shop and drink wine with their girlfriends, and get to work my own hours and be my own boss! It is ideal, and the jewelry is amazing and very fashion forward. My real passion is to do wardrobe styling work, and have helped some people for fun with their personal image and styles but would love to combine my job with Stella & Dot with my own freelance wardrobe styling and consulting. I have worked with some family and friends and created inspiration boards based on their personal fashion sense and lifestyle, as well as consulting on shopping trips for them. My goal is to be be able to offer different services such as styling, consulting, closet evaluations and clean outs, packing for trips, helping women dress for their age and body type, trend forecasting, shopping trips, consign clothing for women, and mostly helping women on a tight budget find amazing deals, and dress like a millionaire!

2. Favorite meal:
Thanks to my Italian roots, and great cooks in my family I love anything Italian, but also I quite frequently crave Sushi! My favorite is salad with ginger dressing and a JB roll tempura style!


3. Favorite beverage:
I am little too obsessed with fountain Diet Coke I need to cut back! And I also love a great Margarita, with the salt!


At one of her Stella & Dot parties
4. What is your first memory of being creative?
Since Middle School, I can remember my friends asking for Fashion advice, and even more into High school and College, and I loved giving my opinions and suggesting things for them to wear! Now I live with my husband obviously and when we are getting ready to go out somewhere I always ask him which outfit to wear and whatever one he picks I usually choose the opposite one because I know it is probably more fashionable haha! I miss getting ready with girlfriends sometimes!

5. What or who inspires you?
My mom is definitely my biggest inspiration as an all around women and mom. On the Fashion side I have a new appreciation for when I see moms walking around with like 5 kids and look totally put together and stylish, because I am like how is that even possible that she made it out of the house with no spit up on her shirt and her hair so perfect and she is looking so chic, all while getting all those kids dressed and out the door as well?! Now that is talent!

6. Favorite quote that inspires your artwork:
"Strength and Dignity are her clothing" Proverbs 31:25
" Life is a Fashion show and the world is your runway"


Styling a shopper
7. Favorite thing about your artwork:
I love to research trends for each season and share my favorites. I also love to help a women feel more confident by expressing herself through her style and helping her dress for her age, body type, and Lifestyle! Through Stella & Dot I love meeting new women all the time and helping them accessorize, and change up their every day wardrobe with statement outfit maker jewelry!

8. Challenges about your artwork:
The challenges with these goals I have for myself is that this is field is such a large spectrum and there is so much I can do with it that I need to start small and accomplish those goals and grow the services as I master different skills when dealing with styling!

9. Your dream piece of art to create:
I would love to go dress shopping with brides and mother of the brides to help them with the perfect dress for the big day. My ideal dream would be to style a bride!


Stella & Dot jewelry
10. Favorite article of clothing/accessory/shoes
My all time favorite article of clothing is a vintage Gucci dress my mom surprised me with for my rehearsal dinner. It is a one of a kind piece, not many were made, it is very timeless and chic! I also love my vintage bargain finds from when Adrienne and I would go looking for treasures! My favorite belt is one we found at a vintage consignment shop and it was a dollar!

11. Where can we see more of you?
I just started a blog that encompasses my 3 passion in life! My faith, my family, and Fashion! Follow me at
http://faithfamilyfashion.blogspot.com/

12. Can we buy you?
You can purchase Stella & Dot jewelry through me at my website www.stelladot.com/katiemoses
Stella & Dot has been featured in many issues of Lucky, Instyle, People,Redbook etc. Half the line is under $50
You can book a trunk show with me, and get on average $250 in free jewelry just by having your girlfriends over for a shopping night!
You can also contact me for any of your fashion, and style needs!


Stella & Dot trunk show
13. What are your hopes & dreams for your work?
My hopes are to start to get more practice with wardrobe styling and building my portfolio with more work I have done, so I can build my reputation and market myself!

14. Anything else we should know?
I think it is so important for us women to always keep an outlet for creativity! Especially when you are a mom and wife, you need that time to yourself to be creative and remember the things you love to do and who you are.

No comments: