Friday, November 19, 2010

things to keep in mind

I've seen a few quotes/verses that I love this week:


Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence. - Jeremiah 17:7  


"There are two ways to spread happiness; either be the light who shines it or be the mirror who reflects it." -- Edith Wharton

 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalm 84:11)

 

A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones. " (Proverbs 17:22)

 

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know Who holds it." (thanks jenna for this one!)

 

"I, even I, am He who comforts you." Isaiah 51:13a 

 

This life therefore is not righteousness but growth in righteousness; not health but healing; not being but becoming; not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it. The process is not finished, but it is going on. This is not the end, but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory, but all is being purified. (Martin Luther)

 

No comments: