Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spirit Airlines drops the Spirit Stick

After canceling two flights to NYC last night I got the pleasure of dealing with spirit airlines. After paying $79 dollars for my baggage and making my way thru security - ignorant American central - I learned my flight was delayed 4 hrs. Usually I'd grit and bare but not when a international excursion is at risk. Here's where handy dandy iPhone comes in.. Spirit.com says an additional 2 hr delay and there's a flight available on southwest (superman of the day). So with 40 minutes til take off, buy flight (I'll pay you back dad!) pace eagerly and somewhat impatiently for bag to be removed from spirit truck, jump in dads car, 20 minutes to go.. Speed to other terminal.. Not another passenger in site. Southwest even throws in a tote bag to balance out my luggage weight. Get to gate with 15 minutes to go, free alcoholic drink coupon in tow, and even have a chance to sit for 5 minutes til they begin boarding.. Boarding group A, position 6.

Spirit airlines rules, everyone else drools.

1 comment: