Thursday, June 4, 2009

back in action

hi friends,

after a 4 month hiatus here i am back, not sure what the ol blog will be covering in the future. but here is a recap:
  • the economy ate my job
  • which leads to job hunt
  • interrupted by needing a new place to live
  • which also leads to, do i stay or do i go?

I have lived in the 904 for just over a year and i really like it here. just recently found a church i am excited about, and i enjoy being independent. i like lists, the keep me sane so here is a pro/con list on leaving/staying

pro:

  • not south florida
  • close to savannah, atlanta
  • rccjax.com [church]
  • feeling of independence
  • la nop, square 1, cruisers, zoes
  • my bible study girls [at least the ones left!]
  • mr.law student

con:

  • no definite job
  • no definite housing situation
  • 2 bffs here moved away
  • not south florida

i think my problem is that i have no ties to anywhere, anything or anyone. is this the quarter life crisis all of us go thru when we realize that we can consciously make our own lives & not just take the next step? you know, after high school go to college, after college get a job. such the frustration.

the recent job lay off scene has been stressful, but also quite encouraging. after sending out the email below i have gotten such positive encouragement from friends & even strangers that have seen my letter as a result of someone passing it on to their someones.

said email reads,

"Dear Friends & Family,

For the past 12 months I have been working for Stein Mart as an assistant buyer. During my time there I learned many valuable lessons in negotiating, hard work and organization. I was faced with the daily stress that arises in any sales driven business and struggle of being in retail during these tough economic times. I worked with many different personalities and have learned how to adapt in new and challenging times.

Unfortunately the economy has not been strong enough for Stein Mart to keep its work force as deep and well-staffed as they would like. In January of this year I survived their first expense cut and when our stocks grew these past 5 months, I was encouraged about my future in the company. However, this past week they were forced to cut their work force once again and my position was eliminated.

I have always been a strong believer that it is never just what you have learned from books and going to class that makes a successful individual; but a combination of intellect, sense and experience that makes someone an ideal candidate for any position, regardless of industry. Through my 23 years of life I have been involved with many walks of life, experienced many cultures and been put in many challenging times. I have had the great priviledge of growing many amazing relationships [with people like yourselves] by being a loyal, honest and caring friend.

Like many of my peers I am still looking for that one job that I can really throw myself into. I have always had a passion for working with people and helping them solve their issues. From working at Williams-Sonoma for 6 Christmas seasons and helping dad's pick the $100 waffle maker for their wives over the $25 cookbook to teaching 6th grade girls at Kanakuk how to serve a volleyball over the net; my passion has been applicable to many areas of life. I know this can cross over into the business world into many different industries.

I would so greatly appreciate any help that you would have in any potential job leads. I know the Lord works in His own mighty way - sometimes ironic, as my severence package is also the exact length of the remainder of my apartment lease! I have attached my resume for you to see & to forward to anyone who may be interested.

Thank you all for your support & prayers,"

so we'll see where i go, if you need someone like me in your career path - holla.

Y,

thick hair

No comments: